10 Family Friendly Fourth Of July Treats
I don’t know about you, but my Fourth of July celebration always involves kids…lots of them. We try to involve them in the Fourth of July festivities as much as possible. If not, I hear a lot of I’m bored, when are we gonna eat? Where is so and so? It can get crazy.
Over the years, I’ve found that if the kids are involved in preparing for the Fourth of July festivities, they whine a lot less!
I certainly don’t want them on fireworks duty, so the next best thing is for them to help out with dessert. Not as exciting as blowing things up, but the kids seem to enjoy it.
Here are ten of my favorite kid friendly Fourth of July treats. The best part is that children can help create these delicious slices of heaven.
1. These Fourth of July Rice Krispie Star Wands by See Vanessa Craft are sure to delight party guests both young and old. The kids can help with making the Rice Krispie treats and with assembling the star wands.
2. Sprinkle Dipped Ice Cream Sandwiches on Sticks by Pink Peppermint Design. Ice cream sandwiches are always a fun summer treat. Gather the kiddos and let them dip these yummy goodness in red, white, and blue sprinkles. Within seconds you will have the perfect Fourth of July treat.
3. Chocolate Covered Strawberries by The Yummy Life. These Fourth of July treats are a little bit of healthy and a whole lot of delicious!
4. Fourth of July themed Ice Cream Soda by Let’s Dish. What kid won’t delight in the combination of soda AND ice cream?
5. Patriotic Pudding Pops by Passion For Savings. These works of art aren’t only delicious, they are also beautiful and will add a pop to any treat table.
6. Celebration Pretzel Sticks by Lady Behind The Curtain. These pretzels cleaned up nicely and are ready for your Fourth of July celebration. Kids will delight in transforming their pretzels from blah to ooh la la!
7. Fourth of July Cake Pops by Uncommon Designs. These bite size gems will satisfy any sweet tooth.
8. Fourth of July Jello Firecracker Dessert by City of Moms…A Mom’s Destination. Fourth of July isn’t complete without fireworks. This firecracker dessert is a must have for your treat table.
9. Fourth of July Strawberry-Blueberry Trifle by One Hundred Dollars A Month. Whenever you mix fruits and cake magic happens. This trifle is nothing but pure magic. Don’t believe me, place this on your treat table and watch it disappear.
10. Fourth of July Funfetti Cupcakes With Triple Swirl Frosting by Sugarcrafter. Hmm mmm good! You can’t go wrong with these, delicious and decorative Fourth of July treats.
Delicious and festive! Great ideas!
I’m a big 4th of July fan, and usually make the pretzels you listed, but I can’t wait to try the sprinkle ice cream sandwiches! Easy and really cute. I haven’t used my Stumble account in awhile, but will def. try to post this to it.
Those two are the ones I think I can probably make. I’m known for some epic pinterest fails tho, so we will see!
These are fantastic ideas! I’m totally inspired now!! Thanks for putting together such great recipes!
They really got me in the mood to celebrate 4th of July already!
I love this! Last year for the 4th of July I made red, white and blue sangria – not exactly family-friendly but the adults enjoyed it!
Oh I would enjoy that! Nothing beats a good sangria on a hot day:-)
Those patriotic pops look delicious!
Lauryn I can’t wait to make those.
This is such a wonderful round up of Fourth of July treats, Yanique. Thank you for sharing and for making me drool!
I can’t wait to try them Kim. I might have to take a stab at making them all:-)
These all look so good! 4th of July just might have to last all month long!
I agree 100% 🙂
I’m a sucker for the chocolate dipped strawberries and I love the americana theme colors!
Right?! These treats def got me into a patriotic mood.
These are so colourful and my faves are the trifle and strawberries coated with the sprinkles. Have a happy 4th July!!
I love that one! Thank you I will do my best Agy:-)
This is such a great roundup. Everything looks delicious…I just wish I were talented enough to actually have the patience to decorate food like this.
You and me both Jessica! LOL. I think I might be able to pull off the ice cream sandwich one!
These treats are a feast for the eyes! This makes me want to have a big 4th of July celebration. When I was a little girl I used to make red, white, and blue cakes for our cookout. 🙂
See that’s the memory I want my kiddos to have when they get older. Making treats and having fun celebrating the many freedoms we have been blessed with.
i love all of these ideas! Such cute ideas and it any one of these would make my kids happy!!
I love them and I can’t wait to try a few this summer with the kids!